Photoshop is one of the most popular image editing programs today. It allows you to do everything from the simple “touch-up” of a couple of stray hairs to applying advanced effects like 3D objects, patterns, and many more. However, photoshop is not the only one on the market. There are many other tools that offer similar or even better capabilities, and you can use them to enhance your images as well.
Here are the following 5 best photoshop alternatives to try in 2021:
1. GIMP — GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation (Picture) Processing and is the free and open-source software that was originally created in the 1980s by a group of motivated programmers, who wanted to make a reliable image editing program for Unix computers. It is one of the most popular open-source image editing programs, used by artists, designers, and photographers. It’s a free program that is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. It runs on all major operating systems.
2. PhotoPea — is a free photo editing tool that is totally free to download and use. It also features a variety of filters and effects to create amazing photos. It is a lightweight photo editor that can be used to create awesome images, collages, or art. It’s not complex, but it’s also not a one-trick pony. It has an easy-to-use interface and no hassle with expensive plugins. Its images are bright and crisp, and it can do tons of different things without needing to install additional plugins.
3. Affinity Photo — is a desktop photo editing app that’s easy to use and comes with a lot of features for a photo editor. This photo editing software is designed to work in the background and has an intuitive interface to make sure that you are able to work quickly and efficiently. It is available on PC, Mac, and mobile platforms, and you can download and install it instantly. With the program installed, you can open it by clicking on the link and selecting the option to open it. Once it is open, you can select the photos you want to edit and immediately edit them. While it doesn’t have all the features that Photoshop has, many of those features are similar in Affinity Photo. The app is perfectly capable of providing a lot of the same professional results. If you want a photo editing app that can do a lot but is still simple and straightforward, then Affinity Photo is one of the best choices for you.
4. Inpixio Photo Studio — has been one of the most successful photo editing apps on the App Store, and with a new feature-packed update, it looks to keep growing. In addition to new Color & Retro Actions, the app now supports high-quality videos, and with the new tools, users can now, for example, make their photos “pop” out of their shots. Inpixio is a fast and powerful photo editing software that provides users a solid photo editor. The software has a clean and intuitive interface that improves the experience of users. It lets users bring out the best of their photos and gives them the ability to share their best moments with friends and family.
5. Pixlr — is one of the most popular Photoshop alternatives, with more than 7 million downloads since it was released in 2015. The app was created by a couple of young photographers who wanted to share their passion for photography with the world. The Pixlr app combines their love of photography with a slick interface that makes editing and retouching easy and fun. When it comes to your photos, do you always feel like you need a bit more control? Pixlr is the all-in-one photo editing tool that lets you focus on the details and gives you the power to do so. Having spent time with the app, we can tell you that the results are visually striking and that there’s a lot of appeal in the platform, which is continuously expanding.
Photoshop is a fantastic photo editing tool, but some people want to try something different. Photoshop itself is very expensive, and the learning curve isn’t exactly friendly, so many people try to find the best tools to replace Photoshop when it comes to editing photos. While a thorough Photoshop replacement would be ideal, we can’t recommend one tool over another. Each one has a few key features that make it a great replacement for Photoshop.